I had a dentist appointment at 8:30am and was over a 1/2 hour late to that because I woke up and just shut off my alarm. Guess I didn't want to get up that early. I was glad my student was able to get me in and I got everything taken care of! Then I only had three hours of class (normally I have four) and after class I had to go to the bank to make a deposit. I was then going to go to the grocery store and run some errands. Well, I never made it past the bank. My car started fine in the parking lot at home, but when I went to start it up after I had been in the bank for a few minutes, nothing happened. I was even just talking to my mom about how
So I figured I should change it. As I'm taking the battery out I notice the entire + end of the battery is corroded. Great. Seriously, could this come at a better time? So I called Animas and since it was late Friday night I wouldn't get a new pump till Monday. I'm just glad I have a good supply of Lantus and lots of needles. I always look forward to taking numerous shots per day. It's sort of nice not having the pump attached to me, but I have to say it definitely has it's advantages and I'm getting sick of the whole shot thing each and every time I eat anything.
I really think I should have a more reliable car, because it's had it's share of problems in the past. I'm honestly thinking about leasing one too, because I can't handle any more problems with this car.
So you're thinking big deal, AAA comes and tows the car to a nearby shop and it'll get fixed. Oh and by the way, they think it's the starter. I hope that's all it is. Anyways, I ended up taking the bus home because conveniently there was the right bus stop right in front of the bank. So I guess one thing went my way. And I already pay $9 per quarter to ride the city buses that I haven't rode all year. I was on my way home, when I realized that the bus had a stop at Target, so I decided to get eggs and other various grocery items there since I wouldn't be going to the grocery store anytime soon. I was planning on taking the bus back home, but I ran into a friend who lives really close to me and she offered me a ride home! So, yes another good thing! But...
The night isn't over yet...
I got home and went for a short run (5K) because sometimes running just makes everything better. I then cooked a nice dinner and Karen came over and showed me her dress for a wedding this coming weekend. After dinner, my insulin pump was bugging me (as it had been all day) about it's low battery.
Hopefully next time I update, everything will be in working order. I guess my apartment is extremely organized and clean right now. I had this urge to clean this weekend and I basically cleaned the entire place. I didn't get around to sweeping, but that doesn't take that long and there is always tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment