Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Things That Make Me Happy!

Recently I read a post on the blog Six Until Me and it made me realize that even though diabetes makes me frustrated a lot, there are many things that make me happy. And many of the things that make me happy are related to my diabetes; how ironic! So I've decided to make my own list of things that make me happy! :)

1. Finding watermelon glucose tabs at Kroger after I had to switch to grape because I couldn't find any store that sold watermelon.
2. Getting a mani/pedi and massage all in the same night!
3. Singing in the car.
4. Taking a "free" shower; AKA not having anything related to diabetes "hooked" up to me.
5. When the infusion set insertion is pain-free. 
6. Not having to take a bolus of insulin for a meal.
7. Running in a light rain.
8. Getting things organized.
9. Walking barefoot in the grass.
10. Making the perfect marshmallow over a campfire. I'm really good at roasting marshmallows and they're never burnt!
11. Meeting others with diabetes.
12. Explaining to others how all my cool diabetes gadgets work.
13. When my continuous glucose monitor and blood glucose meter match exactly.
14. My Garmin nüvi.
15. Having a diet soda every once in awhile.
16. Sugar-free Jell-O; definitely my favorite free food.
17. Sugar-free Tang.
18. Having my Dexcom sensor last longer than a week.
19. Not setting an alarm clock and waking up whenever I wake up.
20. Reading Cosmo or a variety of other magazines.

So those were just a few of the things that I randomly thought of in the past few minutes. Hopefully you enjoyed it! I'll end this post with one of my favorite quotes that I think has a good point...

"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." –Buddha

1 comment:

Kerri. said...

I like your list, too! :)